PM940 Spindle

Anyone know how far the lower spindle nut should thread into the spindle? Mine is not flush with the lower portion of the spindle. Also is this helping retain anything or just to keep out chips? I don't see any contact surfaces based on what I can measure.

Anyone know how far the lower spindle nut should thread into the spindle? Mine is not flush with the lower portion of the spindle. Also is this helping retain anything or just to keep out chips? I don't see any contact surfaces based on what I can measure.
Its more or like just a cover for the bottom bearing. My cap sits flush with the bottom of the spindle but I don't think it really matters.

With ~28mm of press width on the lower bearing it looks like we could almost get a matched pair of 7207 in there. Then could go with a standard roller bearing for the top bearing. Anyone try that?

Fritts, will you post the exact part number you ordered from Kami, please? I want to order this. I will order this. Thanks

Invoice didn't have much of a part number.

Kami.jpg

Hi Fritts,
I too have a PM940 and i came across your post for the BT30 spindle. Have you implemented the change successfully, and would you recommend this as a solution?

Thanks for any info on this matter,

Regards,
Doug
This is a bit sad but I haven't run the mill that much with the new spindle setup. Everything so far has been successful and I do believe I have increased rigidity with this setup. I'm still playing around with the belt drive I also changed at the same time. I still wish I had more RPM but I'm at the limit of the inside of the mill casting.

Hey Fritts,
Thanks for the reply. I know too well about getting away from things. I'm starting to scratch around again at mine and when i saw that you found this spindle shaft that picked my interest. What did you use for your clamping? Were you able to incorporate a pedal clamp pneumatically?

Regards,
Doug

Back