PM’s new MagXact MX-200L DRO?

I also want to point out that my unit is showing feed rate at a rate 3x what it actually is, and I think this is an affliction for all the units.

Example - Today I ran a test where the DRO was showing feed rate at 21" per minute.

I ran the power feed for 15 seconds, and I measured the table travel. The table traveled 1.75" in 15 seconds, or 7" per minute. would this translate to 5 updates per second, and not 15?

Playing back at half speed you can see that the feed rate says 8.1 inches per minute and displayed value are 0.009 inches apart which works out to updating 15 times a second. Christian's video showed values 2.375mm apart with a feed rate of 34.9 mm/sec, which is also close to 15 updates a second.

Seems like a pretty slow update rate compared to other DROs.

The manual (from DROPros) mentions a "Vibration Filter" as a per-axis option which might cause the effect you are seeing.

Maybe see if that feature is set and try turning it off?

Now that you mention, all math aside it does look more like 5 updates per second than 15.

Is the displayed feed rate also 3x actual if you switch the display to metric?

And does your DRO have the vibration filter turned on?

Yes. It displays a feed rate 3x faster than actual table speed in metric, vibration filters are off on all axis

That’s a bummer, but the relationship between the 3x feed rate and the very slow update rate makes me believe that this could be fixed in a new firmware version from the factory.

Unlikely that PM can do anything directly though…

I went through the MagXact MX-200 settings several times previously and nothing changed the feed rate or the latency issue.
In the meantime I used their magnetic scales and hooked up to a TouchDro. Keep in mind i'm using bluetooth communication which can contribute to some lag but still not nearly as bad as the MX200.

I went through the MagXact MX-200 settings several times previously and nothing changed the feed rate or the latency issue.
In the meantime I used their magnetic scales and hooked up to a TouchDro. Keep in mind i'm using bluetooth communication which can contribute to some lag but still not nearly as bad as the MX200.
Wow. That is a huge difference.

Way too much lag with your MagXact MX-200 vs. everything else I have seen/used. They seem to have some software issues with this model, I do not think it is acceptable. It is clearly the DRO head unit and not the scales.

Way too much lag with your MagXact MX-200 vs. everything else I have seen/used. They seem to have some software issues with this model…
Hopefully it’s a software issue and not a hardware one.

I’ll be keeping an eye out for this problem when my mill arrives.

I was just made aware of this TODAY.

It will get handled, just give me some time. The factory says yes its just a software update needed and they admit it, we have it, just trying to get it to install so we can send it out.

I was just made aware of this TODAY.

It will get handled, just give me some time. The factory says yes its just a software update needed and they admit it, we have it, just trying to get it to install so we can send it out.
Will future MX-200L kits be sent out with updated/corrected software?... Planning to add one to my existing PM-1236T order.

Back