Polychoke101

robbyweeds

Registered
Registered
I was curious if anyone had an online copy of the polychoke 101 manual.

I just purchased one.

I have spent forever trying to get a relief grinding fixture that could do drill bits, counter sinks, and taps but they all have me priced out.

I was looking at the harig step tool, the 50k import tool (which from what i can tell works the smae way as the step-tool), the weldon model S, as well as the weldon axial fixture, and then the few royal oak fixtures.

I was able to put together a primitive axial fixture by using an endmill sharpening fixture that has the spindle that slides axially and then having someone 3d print cams, and then simply add follower. It works exactly like the weldon axial fixture..

So between my homemade fixture and the polychoke, thats what i can afford at the moment but i dont have info on the polychoke

Any help would be great.

I was curious if anyone had an online copy of the polychoke 101 manual.

I have one you can download here.

I've used mine to sharpen a single-flute countersink; in part, because one also has to relieve the rest of the way around with another method. The PC101 does the relief adjacent to the cutting edge, but for a single-flute, the land continues around well past the PC101 relief. So you have to relieve from the max cut of the PC101 around until the flute. The PC101 seems like it would work for a tap, where the land is relatively short.

thank you so much

that is what i was thinking in regards to the countersink. have you used the axial relief weldon fixture? ill try and get pictures of the fixture i made witht he 3d printed cams. printing the cams makes it somewhat affordable instead of having to buy crazy expensive cams for each type of flute combination.

have you used the axial relief weldon fixture? ill try and get pictures of the fixture i made witht he 3d printed cams.

I have not used an axial-relief fixture. It seems like one could make one by adapting a 5C spindexer (I have a spare). I’d be interested to see yours as axial motion would be nice in certain instances.

Your exactly right. I initially planned to use a spindexer but came across the fixture pictured for cheap. It's hard to see but I'm sure you can tell what's going on. I'm going to put some steel in a 5c collet and use the plastic cams to make steel ones eventually.
20230228_104655.jpg
20230228_104716.jpg
20230228_104648.jpg

Back