Resolved Pop up alerts

mickri

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I am now getting pop up alerts. I can be doing something and all of a sudden there is a pop up alert. This is very annoying. How do I stop this from happening?

What do the alerts want you to do? Without knowing that, we wouldn't have a clue of where to look.

The alerts don't want me to do anything. They are notifying me of responses to threads I am watching. I get a box in the lower right corner of the screen. It's about 1 1/2 to 2 inches high by 3 inches or so wide. Very annoying. Started sometime last week.

It aooears that You, someone or something turned on alerts. Toward the right end of the main tool bar, click on your User Id. Click on Account Details and maybe a couple of othesr. On the page that appears, uncheck the appropriate boxes.

I think that I found the source of the problem. It deals with push notifications. I had unchecked all of the push boxes but was still getting these annoying popups. Delving into the depths of the chrome browser I found that HM was allowed to push notifications. Have no idea how that happened because I have notifications blocked. HM is now blocked from pushing notifications. Time will tell.

OK. The defaults for Push and Chat after a browser history clear is ASK. You must have accidentally clicked YES and turned it on.

Back