POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Powder coating in Jaime's future! :grin:
I vote for Gun Metal Blue or a soft Silver:)

I'm thinking red, name the lathe Roxanne.

But it's already so close to RAL 6011 Reseda Green, a very respectable color for machinery!

@wachuko

If you're not setup for powder coating, that lamp would be an excellent excuse.
These are the colors that I have without buying another can…. from left to right:

Orange (vintage Koni shocks color), Olive, Sage, Anvil Gray, Hammered Brown, Satin Pebble, Anodized Bronze

6E36F1DF-7DB2-4996-B8A9-03FFBAFDBD70.jpeg

I have an oven and an unopened powder coating kit… only black powder at this time… so that is not an option right now…

Roxanne!!! Lathe has a name!!! I might just paint it red for the heck of it, lol!!!

Roxanne
You don't have to put on the red light
Roxanne
You don't have to put on the red light

Last edited:
Kind of looks like the garage GoceKU . :) I have to cut 3 lawns today between the thunderstorms and get back onto cleaning my "S" hole up . Aluminum everywhere I look , scrap on both trailers , can't walk in the garage as well as the driveway . This will be one long day . :grin:
What, you got a day off? Or did you work graveyard and you are burning the candle?

Ooh, that looks Portuguese. Better to drink slow. I think Roxanne will get you through 3 beers in 3 minutes, though.
Close… from Spain. Ribera del Duero region… just our glass for the day… for medicinal purpose only, of course… ;)

Wife is going to make the Roxanne letters… I will share a photo when installed…. Using a similar font as this one…

0B29EE19-9945-416C-8589-F5523D3D08C3.jpeg

In other news… started working on the 3C collet setup for the Logan 820…

B7B80163-7AB7-41D8-92B8-3D0F4BA2565F.jpeg

I need to cut the drawbar to length and machine the handwheel… will use the one that came in the kit until I can make one out of wood…

FE16B768-4CB6-46DB-B786-774342C72146.jpeg
5F712875-4D40-4B1A-9FF6-73F5B48FFC8A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back