POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Then two days to let the foam settle out. Past experience indicates in a few days the static will dissipate, and the foam will drop like leaves in the fall.
If you can raise the humidity, it will speed the time it takes for the static electricity to dissipate. Might not mater or you might not want to take a spray bottle and spray the air but if you are in a hurry, it should make a difference. Of course one of those "Humidifiers" would work even better. This is somewhat at odds with the desire to keep humidity low in a shop to prevent rust ...

I managed to fit all of my (current) small fixture plates & blocks into a box, but it took a lot of iterations:

Fixture Plates n Blocks.png

Now I may have gone a little overboard with my labeling:

Fixture Plate Box Front.jpg

No, I'm not worried that I won't be able to match the lid to the box, I wanted to make sure I knew which side of the lid was the front. Why? Well, that's where I make have gone too far:

Fixture Plate Box n Lid.jpg

It's just that it took so long to get them all in there.

I managed to fit all of my (current) small fixture plates & blocks into a box, but it took a lot of iterations:

View attachment 440862

Now I may have gone a little overboard with my labeling:

View attachment 440861

No, I'm not worried that I won't be able to match the lid to the box, I wanted to make sure I knew which side of the lid was the front. Why? Well, that's where I make have gone too far:

View attachment 440867

It's just that it took so long to get them all in there.

In the words of that famous philosopher :

"I don't want it, I don't want that much organization in my life
I don't want other people thinking for me
I want my Junior Mints
Where did the Junior Mints go in the movies?
I don't want a 12 lb. Nestle's crunch for 25 dollars
I WANT JUNIOR MINTS!" - Jimmy Buffett

All joking aside... I have the opportunity in the new house, to organize everything as I move things... I should take advantage of this opportunity... Thank you for the ideas. :encourage:

With everyone posting about tool storage, here's my take. After getting the new laser engraver, the thoughts went from the drafting tool kit custom box cut out of wood, to a trailer tool "toolbox". I wanted to keep some of the basic, required tools for the trailer together, and I ended up cutting some sheets of 1/32" ABS (in a well ventilated area - I was careful), and using the same to mark some 1/4" sheets for the ends.

20230311_161503.jpg
20230311_161541.jpg
20230311_161556.jpg

Thumb-screwed together to make the tools easily accessible, and I feel just a little more organized (and won't have to dig for some of these). Sure, they are harbor freight specials, but that is perfectly fine for me and what they will be used for.

Attachments

• 20230308_201037.jpg
    20230308_201037.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 19
@silverhawk

Very nice tool organization there.

What is the purpose of the black tool with the handlebar grip? I don't recognize that tool.

Back