Power draw bar issue

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
My Maxi Torque rite draw bar is/was too short for the application. I'm not sure what vendor to go to to see if there is one that will fit correctly. it was already installed when I purchased the mill.

I'd start with Barry at H & W. He sells the product and knows a lot about machinery.

Thank you for the link.

Maxi-Torque makes the drawbars to any specifications, you fill out there information sheet and they will send you a quote. Pull down the tab and open the sizing guide. I use the DB-105 drawbar which is a stock version for the Sharp LMV/Acra LCM/First mills. A few things to note, I made my own top metal bushing to get the height set which is important to have the proper clearances. The other point is that the bar pushes down and will wear the splines if you do not hold the spindle arm all the way up and locked.

If push comes to shove, one could cut off the threads and weld on a longer threaded end. I did this
with my mill since the threads were flaky. I used an acetylene torch to do the job and have been using it
for years. Hopefully you won't have to resort to that but it is an option. There is more than one way
to skin a cat.:encourage:

Cathead

I'll give them a call, thank you. this is the drawbar I have.

Back