Power feed for a Rong Fu RF-20

Speedly

Registered
Registered
Hello!

I'm exploring options to add a power feed to my Rong Fu RF-20 mill that I inherited. The thing is, they all seem the same (and I assume that they likely are!).

So the ones I've seen basically all look like this. (Granted, another one I found looks like this one instead. It's also WAY more expensive, and it's virtually the only one I saw that is in a horizontal orientation rather than a vertical one).

My main questions - my mill does not have keys on its lead screws, and also the shaft diameter is just a touch over 5/8" (it's about 0.667"). If you've installed one of these, do you know if these might work without a keyed lead screw (although I admittedly doubt it), if the diameter difference is a big deal (I suspect it might?), and if I can fix either of these issues with a small lathe?

Please let me know. Thanks so much!

The second horizontal unit is made for the mill drill, not the first one. I’ve had one of these for around 8yrs and I can’t do without it.

The second horizontal unit is made for the mill drill, not the first one. I’ve had one of these for around 8yrs and I can’t do without it.
So the first one I linked won't work at all for a RF-20 X axis? What about on the Y axis?

The one on their site certainly looks like the first one I linked, when that... bracket? bit is taken off. What about that part changes the way the power feed unit works? (For the record, I'm not doubting you, I'm trying to learn about the product and their differences, is all!)

Thanks for your time! :)

Back