Pratt & Whitney #3 benchtop miller

Thanks for that info. I had been searching for 4PNs with no luck, but already picked up two 3PNs.

In your picture I missed that you have a draw bar and what looks like a collet or Arbor. The 4PN collets have a 1 in diameter body and the 3PN has a body diameter of 0.65 in. What's the diameter of what you have there in the picture?

I went and double checked this morning, and .65 it is. This is something I should have checked a while back, and I am glad I missed a couple 4PN's from when I first got the machine. I had a feeling that there isn't much crossover between the two models, and this proves it.

I am wondering what the table dimensions are now, and whether the accessories will work for both.

I believe that the table is the same on both machines. I just measured my 3C table and it is 18 in long by 3-1/8 in wide. So that would mean things like vises and dividing heads should cross over.

Painters tape off:

So far, very happy with how it turned out. The main point was to get rid of the green, and bring it back inline with the original paint still on the knee. Is Krylon the most durable? No, but no rattle can paint is that durable, in my opinion. The Walker Turner DP I painted over ten years ago with it is still fine, so not too worried there. There are a few spots I am going to have to clean up with a razor, but over spray is easier to clean on machined surfaces than porous cast surfaces.

Couldn't resist putting the brass makers tag back on. Now it will sit for a week or so while I get it spot ready, clean up some parts, and wait for bits and bobs to arrive.

Small parts that have been in Evaporust, while other parts are still taking their bath:

And parts still to clean:

Back