Pratt & Whitney 3C mill . Tooling wanted .

cross thread

Registered
Registered
I won't say no to anything . But first things first , I'm looking for a vertical head . I have the right angle table and I'm having some collets made . The vise on the bay is a little over priced but who knows ?
Thanks , Mark .

1676600956445.png

I also have a 3C, so if a vertical head does come up for sale on eBay you're going to have to fight me for it! But they are rarer than hens teeth. I have been lucky enough to find a full set of 4PN collets and a dividing head, less the tailstock. But I paid dearly for both. I don't have any of the horizontal arbors and I don't have the right angle table. Did you get any collets with yours? What about horizontal arbors?

Sorry, I just realized that you had posted about your mill at the end of 2022.

Hi Dan , yes I did get my machine at the end of 22 . And about one month later the guy that sold me the P&W sold me a Benchmaster , I have been putting that one back together . I wish I could keep both but I don't have the room . I think I'm going to put together a treadmill motor set up for the P&W . Luckily for me there it a shop close by that does that sort of thing as I'm over whelmed by all the information .
Tooling for the P&W will be hard to come by I know that , I haven't talked to them yet but there are a couple of shops that say they do tooling . The first piece I'm going to have made will be a collet with a ER 25 nose on it . that shouldn't be hard , I have a 4PN collet they can reverse engineer . The collet I have is pretty cool it has a 3/4 arbor with a 1" sleeve and all the spacers .
Funny thing , before the addition of my two new mills my little shop (7'X5') was in harmony . I had my work bench , drill press and lathe , it all fit and I even had some room to stand and move about . The P&W is sitting on the drill press base and the Benchmaster is scattered about , I'm in Heaven .
IMG_1078 by mark westi, on Flickr
IMG_1082 by mark westi, on Flickr
IMG_1079 by mark westi, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back