Precision Matthews BS-1 Dividing Head - Delivery and Unboxing - Full review coming

BladesIIB

https://www.youtube.com/c/BladesIIB
H-M Platinum Supporter
Hope you don't mind, I had a little fun with the delivery and unboxing of this one. I will put a full review video together as well as I go through and clean this up, talk through using it (Direct Indexing, Plain or Simple Indexing and Angular Indexing) and complete a little project. Until then, enjoy the excitement of Delivery!

Last edited:
I should buy one before I file my 2020 tax return so I can claim a dependent. :p Good job!

This unit does not have the capability to disengage the worm, not is it capable of differential indexing, as the introduction suggests, and it is capable of some measure of angular indexing, but it takes a special angular indexing plate for full capability.

This unit does not have the capability to disengage the worm, not is it capable of differential indexing, as the introduction suggests, and it is capable of some measure of angular indexing, but it takes a special angular indexing plate for full capability.
John, appreciate the feedback as always. You already corrected me on my incorrect use of Differential indexing vs. Plain or Simple indexing when I posted the full video on this. Apologies for not making the correction to this intro as well. I just made that edit now. As for the worm gear, I make no claims that it will disengage. For angular indexing, I just share the formula for how to calculate your divisions if given an angle vs a number of divisions. The formula for angular indexing will calculate out to use the numbered hole plates as part of this kit, provided you have a fraction that will reduce well. The other video gives a clear example of when this may work and when it may not. I hope that helps, and thanks for finding my error here, I have made the edit above.

John, appreciate the feedback as always. You already corrected me on my incorrect use of Differential indexing vs. Plain or Simple indexing when I posted the full video on this. Apologies for not making the correction to this intro as well. I just made that edit now. As for the worm gear, I make no claims that it will disengage. For angular indexing, I just share the formula for how to calculate your divisions if given an angle vs a number of divisions. The formula for angular indexing will calculate out to use the numbered hole plates as part of this kit, provided you have a fraction that will reduce well. The other video gives a clear example of when this may work and when it may not. I hope that helps, and thanks for finding my error here, I have made the edit above.
Yes, as I said, there are a number of angular indexing movements that are possible, but for maximum possible angular indexing movements, there is a special angular indexing plate that has drillings on both sides, where the anchor pin is retracted and shifted to the backside drilled holes, in conjunction with the front drillings and the pin on the sector arm.

Yes, as I said, there are a number of angular indexing movements that are possible, but for maximum possible angular indexing movements, there is a special angular indexing plate that has drillings on both sides, where the anchor pin is retracted and shifted to the backside drilled holes, in conjunction with the front drillings and the pin on the sector arm.
Understand, it definitely does not have a plate like that. Thanks.

Back