Precision Matthews imports to UK/Europe (it's about electricity!)

Guys, please limit the politics. Some of affects what can be shipped and purchased, so I'm not deleting or editing anything. But if it goes on, the entire thread will be deleted. Let's talk machines, tools and projects, please!

Guys, please limit the politics. Some of affects what can be shipped and purchased, so I'm not deleting or editing anything. But if it goes on, the entire thread will be deleted. Let's talk machines, tools and projects, please!
I do believe (ref post #19) that I took the most circumspect care in finding a way to relate to my experiences in acquiring my machine without directly allowing the thread to go where we don't want it to. Some historical events have a long-lasting impact. Be assured you need not fear. I make every effort to choose my words carefully.

US single phase 240VAC is split phase, although no neutral is used for 240VAC. EU single phase is neutral at 0VAC and 240VAC leg. The issue is that every country has a different set of electrical requirements that need to be met/certified for that country.

The 2 standards mentioned have different grounding and bonding requirements.

Back