Pretty Good Grabs

autonoz

Active User
Registered
Picked up a few things over the last week. Great prices and all in good working condition, just need cleaning and oiling. One rotary table is a Phase ll 8" and the other is a Phase ll 12". The hand tapper is a Phase ll as well. The large four jaw is a 24" and I really have no use for it, but couldn't pass up the price. The spacer is an 8" and after disassembly, cleaning and lubrication, it works great. That is the before picture. One of the boxes is full of end mills, center drills, and other stuff I don't know what it is. The other is full of keyway cutters and radius cutters. new1.JPG new2.JPG new3.JPG new4.JPG new5.JPG new6.JPG new7.JPG new8.JPG

auto... nice find, but...doesn't it make you wonder about the mentality of someone who clamps work directly to the RT and drills through it? Bought a small surface grinder way back and someone had used a parting wheel on the magnetic table to cut through stuff. Needless to say the mag table was junk. Again, you did well my friend.

Wow that's a big pile of tooling.

The large four jaw is a 24" and I really have no use for it, but couldn't pass up the price.
That could be used as a vice for round objects on the mill table.

Congrats!
-brino

Great score.

The large four jaw is a 24" and I really have no use for it, but couldn't pass up the price.

Another use for it would be a rotary welding table ala Adam Booth.

Wow that's a big pile of tooling.

That could be used as a vice for round objects on the mill table.

Congrats!
-brino
Way to big and I would need an engine hoist to get it on the table.

Great score.

Another use for it would be a rotary welding table ala Adam Booth.
Wow! It definately would make a great Abomb rotary table.

After pulling the 6.5" Kitagawa chuck apart and seeing how good of shape it was in I was pretty pleased. Cleaned and lubed it and will now make a face plate for it. Pretty good deal for $25.00. Never heard of them before, but they appear to be pretty good chucks.

Wow!! Where do you find these things? pawn shop, private party, old machine shop going out of business, junk dealer?
I must be looking in the wrong places, I've never found stuff like this for a "decent" price. Yes you really scored on this load.
Congrats

CHuck the grumpy old guy

Back