Price For A Rockwell 10 X 36 Lathe?

I have two of these exact lathes and stands and love them. I went with the AXA holders because I assumed the BXA would not fit well.
Have you ran into any issues with that size holder and it it more stable that an AXA.
I see you even have the same issue I do with that right hand corner of the table being a catch all for stuff.
I am jealous of all the accessories you got.

I have two of these exact lathes and stands and love them. I went with the AXA holders because I assumed the BXA would not fit well.
Have you ran into any issues with that size holder and it it more stable that an AXA.
I see you even have the same issue I do with that right hand corner of the table being a catch all for stuff.
I am jealous of all the accessories you got.

I bought this piston-style BXA for my Clausing 5418 (12 x 24) originally but moved it to the Rockwell after buying a wedge-style BXA for the Clausing. I didn't consider the AXA since I already had a fair number of BXA tool holders. It's a bit large on the lathe but is very solid. No problems parting or turning. The tool holders are dropped about as low as they can go but work fine. If I didn't already have the spare BXA I'd have gone with the AXA.

The Rockwell 10 x 36 is a very nice lathe, I know why you love yours! I'm selling it to clear some shop space. I have 5C collets on my Clausing and Grizzly G0709. The Grizzly has a taper attachment too so the only thing I can do on the Rockwell that I can't on the other two lathes is cut a tapered 27 tpi thread.

Bruce

Where is Dick Treimstra located?
I have a Craftsman lathe that I have been trying to sell. It's in the "For Sale" section.

Bill

Well I just did a 3160 mile road trip to pick up a 11" rockwell chucker lathe. It was just the bed, spindle, reeve drive and cabinet built in 1943, It was in Bloomington IL. I am going to use it as a parts lathe to get my reeve drive working and if I have any issues with my spindle. It was listed for $200 on another forum, when I got there, he just gave it to me! So I will be sending him something in trade. This second lathe was made in 1943, my big rockwell is from 1957. Driving that many miles is not a fun trip to do in 3 days and 5 hours. Tim

What is a "chucker" lathe?

No carriage or QCGB, it just used a 6 position tail stock and either collets or a chuck for making screws and bolts

Sounds a lot like a turret lathe.....yeah, it could easly have a handle operated collet, don't even stop the machine to load or unload parts.

Yeah, same thing...sorry for the terminology confusion.

Back