Privacy issue when posting photos, be careful folks.

Dranreb

Active User
Registered
I'm sure most that post here are aware, but if you're new to posting pictures of your prized possessions onto the web from your cell phone, make sure you turn GPS off.

Most times the forum host software prevents the info from showing but there are some clever ways of finding it.

http://youtu.be/xvZF-yP_ceU

Bernard

Thanks for the heads up... Hmmm, I'll take a few more pictures of the Pitbull...

Thanks for the warning. This has been a concern ever since the feature became available, it's been around for a while now. Funny my friends & I were just talking about this last night. They were trying to figure out how to turn off GPS tagging with the new iPhone 5Ss. On my current Android & previous there is an option to turn of GPS tagging for photos. I don't turn on location services either until I need them. There's concern about the iPhone & tracking but they can track most any cell really.

Be aware that some hand held cameras have GPS tagging as well & most owners aren't aware.

Says it all... Actually, I have a Chihuahua too. The tone of his bark will determine how the Pitbull reacts (not kidding either).

ALpart.JPG

ALpart.JPG

Back