Progress on restoration

Zman0690

Registered
Registered
Its been a few months since I introduced myself and I figured I would post up some pictures on the progress of my 101.28990 restoration. Now I know some are not going to like the color choice as its not traditional but hey its my lathe!

As purchased:
DSC_8376 - web version.JPGDSC_8380 - webversion.jpgDSC_8385 - web version.jpg

Base and Cabinet restored:
a web version.jpge-web version.jpgg web version.jpgh web version.jpg

First time using a spray gun, got better every time I used it and am quite happy with how it lays out now.

DSC_8376 - web version.JPG DSC_8380 - webversion.jpg DSC_8385 - web version.jpg a web version.jpg e-web version.jpg g web version.jpg h web version.jpg

Its been a few months since I introduced myself and I figured I would post up some pictures on the progress of my 101.28990 restoration. Now I know some are not going to like the color choice as its not traditional but hey its my lathe!

As purchased:
View attachment 53678View attachment 53679View attachment 53680

Base and Cabinet restored:
View attachment 53681View attachment 53682View attachment 53683View attachment 53684

First time using a spray gun, got better every time I used it and am quite happy with how it lays out now.

Nice job

Nice jop on the restore. And you are not the first to stray from the stock color on here.

Wow! Wicked machine! You won't even need lights!

I've never seen a bench like that before- under drive for a 12 inch?

Bernie

Thanks guys, yeah Bernie its the standard under drive bench for the Craftsman/Atlas 12" from what I can tell. Its pretty heavy and was definitely not easy to get setup for paint, especially the inside of the stand.

The cabinet (under-drive) models appeared in 1959, about a year after the bench models with 1/2" ways first appeared. From about 1975 to 1981, they were the only variant offered.

Robert D.

Your doing a great job, As far as the color like you say its your lathe. I'm paint all of my machines Hammer tone black.

Paul

Looking good! But that is just a teaser. Make sure we get to see a completed machine. OH, you did well on the color choice. Nice job.

Its actually Ford red, the camera and lighting make it look like it has an orange tint but its all red.

Back