Project Atlas draw bar

I am not sure whether you are complaining about the donor requirement for access to downloads or to be able to sell something on the site. But in the first case, the storage space for storing the files in Downloads is a significant part of what it costs each month just to keep the H-M site open and someone has to pay it. Or in the selling case, anyone selling something is hoping to make money at it so needs to help keep the site running.
Besides, anyone who can't afford $10 or $25 a year can't afford the hobby to begin with.

In any case, this has nothing to do with a drawbar, so it is off topic here. If you want to go elsewhere, then go.
P.S. you can't hurt my feelings.... I uses to hold the flashlight for my Dad

My wow might have been misunderstood. People on this site will and have helped anyone with any questions asked. Doesn’t matter what question someone will know the solution. He was informing you prints were on site. Small donation gives access. My 2 cents.
And I've contulaly asked where I can find said prints in this forum or web page? All I keep getting it a "pay to find out" I can't see how many prints there are or even make a informed desion as to weather paying to get behind the pay was is worth it! Still waiting to be told where I can find this libary...before I sine uo for the card!

If he says the info is available to you with a donation it is. Hell I need to renew myself. Times out in a year. Best return for money I’ve ever spent.

When you joined the forum, you promised to read and abide by the rules. The How To Use... is right next to the Rules.

Click on the Forums tab on the main tool bar. Then click on

HOW-TO USE THE FORUM TOOLS & FEATURES

Instructions for how to use Downloads should be at or near TOS in the sticky area.

However... Downloads was adapted from the XenForo Resources module, so it was not originally designed as a Files storage system. There are some things that I would change if I could. One is that you cannot look at what is available unless you have also been granted the rights to download something. So all that I can offer is that if you want to say what it is that you are actually looking for, I will try to tell you whether or not it is there.

When you joined the forum, you promised to read and abide by the rules. The How To Use... is right next to the Rules.

Click on the Forums tab on the main tool bar. Then click on

HOW-TO USE THE FORUM TOOLS & FEATURES

Instructions for how to use Downloads should be at or near TOS in the sticky area.

However... Downloads was adapted from the XenForo Resources module, so it was not originally designed as a Files storage system. There are some things that I would change if I could. One is that you cannot look at what is available unless you have also been granted the rights to download something. So all that I can offer is that if you want to say what it is that you are actually looking for, I will try to tell you whether or not it is there.
Thanks, finally...... for the clarification about the library I cant see and didn't know was even there when I originally posted. As for my thread ypu have turned my project thread in to ypur sales pitch and now have no interest in continuing to add to it! You can keep it and your pay wall. I'll pay someone else before I would ever pay you now! Good buy.

OK. Sorry that you feel that way but it was not a sales pitch - I was merely explaining the current situation and why.

Im sorry ypu fell the need to push your pay wall on me.. if what you say was true, then why did you keep on about the prints? I never caired about your pay to play prints. I can, as shown make my own prints.... I have the experience and knowledge. My next project will be the M1- 567 arbor driver. I got a shell mill driver that came with my machine. I can uses that and other data I can gather to make a fairly acuret print that I'll gladly post here for free. Would still love commentary on dimensions I get wrong so I can improve/ make changes. Maybe one day I'll even compare my prints to an offical print copy! if wanted to spend $ I'd just buy the dam part of the people already making reproductions....if a $50 peace of tooling is to mutch for ypu maybe ypu should find a cheeper hobbi??? P.S. stay off my next thread.

FWIW, non-donors can now see the list of files in Downloads. That was thought to be a good suggestion. They can't download the files. But they can see whether the drawing is on the site or not if their financial situation is so precarious that they really cannot afford $10 per year.

Making a Drawbar from scratch with nothing more than the spindle it needs to fit & a few ideas gathered from the internet is a lofty goal for a beginner! Not saying the Op is a beginner, but I was. It took sleepless nights trying to understand what most must take for granted in so far as the planning & execution required. Kinda proud of my results though!

My homemade Van Norman no24 Drawbar in the foreground:

20200126 02.jpg

Back