Projects I Wish I'd Finished

Wish I had pictures but I once had a early Ford Ranchero that someone had attempted to put a built 302 in.

should have sold the motor and found a six.

Ended up selling the whole thing for a little more than I paid.
What year? I had a 1970 with a 302. My first car.

My brain is overwhelmed by the projects I have yet to finish but are still in progress. I think I've lost track of the ones that just got abandon.
I can relate to this a little too sharply.

I have a true character flaw that I cannot let go of old hobbies and let the new ones replace them (and be comfortable with that). I constantly feel like I have to give attention to my new thing, whatever that is, while simultaneously expending just as much effort on all the old hobbies I used to enjoy. Worked ok for a while, but now there are not enough hours in a day. Makes me feel bad I'm not out whitewater kayaking, while rockclimbing, with a lathe strapped to by back, and scraping in my mill, all at the same time. UGH.

My 7.3 is still going strong at almost 300k

John
The 7.3 is a no frills workhorse that will easily run a half a million miles plus. Mid 2003 they went to the>>>>
The 6.0 was a great engine, proven. The EPA and Ford got a hold of it, the Ford engineers released it to market without testing to see how the EGR cooler and other add-ons performed. In 2004, they tried to fix the issues cheap.
We saw plenty of angry customers. On the other hand, once the issues were addressed with proven updates, they could run another 200-300K without incident. (In my experience)
The 6.0 and the 6.4 were temporary power plants until Ford could release their own 6.7 in 2011.
IMHO

Well I havnt abandoned it but geez the time frame has expanded.
I first started on these in 2003 and am still working on them.

Vincent motorcycles are the Holy Grail of antique bikes. I obtained this 1950 model back in 1968 from a guy who unfortunately was making a chopper out of it. In my stupidity, I traded it off without restoring it to original. Vincent Black Shadows today are going for as much as $100K.

Attachments

• 1950 Vincent Black Shadow.jpg
    1950 Vincent Black Shadow.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
They do not call me the Professor of Pending Projects for nothing...

I have several cars all in parts in the garage in different stages of completion ('67 912, '81 911, '91 911 Porsche and a '61 VW Bug), a friend gave me a sandrail as well with a new VW dual carb engine in it, then there is the '67 John Deere 112 tractor, the milling machine that I am converting to CNC, the laser engraver that I started to increase the printing area capabilities and switching the controls to better ones, and... and...

Looking forward to retirement so that I can spend more time in the garage...

IMG_0615.jpeg

Last edited:
Back