PROMILL TURRET MILLING MACHINE MODEL PM-5XV

Registered
Registered
Didn't know where to post this so I thought I'd start here. found this mill FS looks to be pretty stout but can't find any info on it has anyone heard of this or know anything about it let me know. Thanks

Yes that's it do you know anything about these mills?

Lots of options on that China mill. Think I'd have to wonder if it's all used up , I'm sure I wouldn't buy it over a used Bridgeport in that price range. Just my thoughts.

The 5XV is a common style; I believe they have square box ways and are fairly stout. Doesn't mean it couldn't be worn out tho.
Jim Dawson knows something about that style machine if I remember correctly-
Mark S.

So this is a china mill then that's what I wanted to know. Just couldn't find any info on it looked like a fairly stout mill. Well I guess I'll scratch this one from my wish list thanks for the info.

Yes it showed Chinese branding on one of the nameplates. Not that it couldn't be a good machine, personally I wouldn't want the variable speed head; It has the 50" table so it's a big boy and heavy.
Mark S.

I'm guessing that's most likely a Taiwanese machine. The Sony DRO would kind of place it in that era, and it may be every bit as capable as a BP. Probably 2-3hp, and with the DRO and power drawbar, the price isn't really that far out of line at all, and it does have the make an offer option on the sale. The only way to really ascertain its condition would be to take a good look at it. I see your in CA, If close by I'd check it out with someone that knows machines (maybe a willing forum member) and make a $2-2.5K offer. Good hunting, Mike

Back