PULLED MUSCLE MY BUTT

tpic402

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Had to quit working on shop went to emergency room after working on shop with extreme pain in right arm and intense muscle spasms, diagnosed as pulled muscle finally got to orthopedic surgeon(he is my new HERO)after a month of extreme pain and not working, still recovering from emergency surgery 3 discs removed from lower neck and fused with cadaver bone and titanium brackets, woke up no pain but not able to work for 6weeks to 3 months. not complaining just have the worst case of cabin fever ever after a month of not sleeping it messes with your head.

Hang in there!

I guess you can lift a camera.....

Let's see some pics of projects. It'll make the time go faster.

diagnosed as pulled muscle
Typical. Always go with the simplest and cheapest diagnosis and don't listen to the patient. Sorry, just some bad memories... I hate doctors.

Well, I'm glad you got to the bottom of it. I'm very curious and hope you don't mind if I ask... What the heck happened to you? Was it a sudden event or injury or was this some kind of gradual problem that got out of control?

Anyhow, feel free to talk-up a storm while you're recovering. We don't mind and it really helps the soul to heal...

Ray

Doctor will kill you if you don't take care of yourself.

I'm with Ray ! we wanna know How did that happen ?
dickr

Had to quit working on shop went to emergency room after working on shop with extreme pain in right arm and intense muscle spasms, diagnosed as pulled muscle finally got to orthopedic surgeon(he is my new HERO)after a month of extreme pain and not working, still recovering from emergency surgery 3 discs removed from lower neck and fused with cadaver bone and titanium brackets, woke up no pain but not able to work for 6weeks to 3 months. not complaining just have the worst case of cabin fever ever after a month of not sleeping it messes with your head.

Had a similar problem last year but it was only one disc that needed to be dealt with. As the pain increased (and kept increasing) whenever I laid down I was not able to sleep for over a month as well. Yeah, you do get a little "punchy" after a bit. I also discovered something that I was unaware of before, "pain killers" don't work on nerve pain! Wow, knock me over with a feather!

In short, I feel your pain. Glad to hear that you've got it taken care of.

-Ron

P.S. I had them give me a copy of the x-rays...

xray01.jpg

xray02.jpg

x rays look familiar , pain killers do not touch the pain you are SOOOO RIGHT there.      25 years of mechanic took its toll on someone who is 6 ft 5.   started after Christmas, pain in right arm, started dropping tools at work chaulked it up to cold weather(work outside now repairing telephone lines). Then right arm became useless and painful, right shoulder and arm went into spasm that would not subside. Just able to start to use right hand now but at least i can sleep. HEY YOU GUYS HAVE PUT A BIG SMILE ON MY FACE

been thereRe: PULLED MUSCLE MY BUTT

i know a little about the screws in one.s back. thru the years they have been adding them like 4 or 5 years the last time jan. of 13 they first went in from the front moved what ever they had to out of the way did some whittling on the spine then rolled me over and.finished up from the back side so here you are with 11 clamps in the front and 11 clamps in the back. man what side do you grab when you have a spell of bad coughing. gotogojo

Back