Pump Oil Can Prints

Gonna Have a go at making it. What is the easiest material to work with for making the oil can?

@Squizz97

I cannot comment on the oil can, but just wanted to say....... Welcome to the group!

-brino

I made mine out of 2" aluminum tube

I fee like brass is the easiest for the housing because you can solder the base on very easily. I suppose you could use Loctite for aluminum.
Robert

I fee like brass is the easiest for the housing because you can solder the base on very easily. I suppose you could use Loctite for aluminum.
Robert
Ive seen some youtube videos one bloke i watched used loctite to hold his together.

Gonna Have a go at making it. What is the easiest material to work with for making the oil can?
I think brass or aluminum is easiest but brass looks better. The hardest part for me was holding the tube itself. I used stainless steel. I put the bottom in the freezer and the tube in the oven. I mixed JB Weld and used that as a sealant.

Ive seen some youtube videos one bloke i watched used loctite to hold his together.
I first used loctite on mine. It held the base on fine but it didn't seal it and oil weeped out of the joint. The epoxy is working fine. no leaks and held on tight.

Back