QCTP Adapter for Micro 100 carbide boring bar

I've been thinking about building a 4D style holder for bars. Big block of steel, dovetail for the QCTP, and a good size bore, slit and drill/tap for some clamping screws. Wouldn't be that different from the normal toolholders I made that have been working well.

Makes me want to make one too! I’d kind of rather spend the money on a dovetail cutter and make a holder than buy a holder. I’ve also been wondering if I could open my AXA holders to fit my BXA post...

Pretty simple to make, guys. Go for it.

Makes me want to make one too! I’d kind of rather spend the money on a dovetail cutter and make a holder than buy a holder. I’ve also been wondering if I could open my AXA holders to fit my BXA post...

Cutting dovetails isn't hard. It's kind of fun to watch even. I don't see any reason you can't open up AXA holders. They wouldn't be as ridgid, but probably good enough for a lot of work. At that point though, you're not that far away from just making a batch of holders.

Thanks for the encouragement, both of you. I’ll have to start looking for a dovetail cutter.

Back