Question For IGaging DRO Users

dwall174

Registered
Registered
I'm in the planning stages of building a motorized router lift set-up & I'll eventually be adding a DRO like the one pictured.
I've checked several web sites including the iGaging home page, But I haven't been able to find the dimensions of the readout display unit.
s-l1600.jpg
My plans are to eventually mount the iGaging display to a control panel, So knowing the size of the readout will help me determine the over all size needed for the control panel.

Doug

C-Bag Beat me to it, but I think I am more precise... :)iGuage_DRO_Length.JPGiGuage_DRO_Height.JPG
5.1135 long
1.7870 High
+/- 0.005
Yes, the length will be a little off seeing as holding the F.... (Fine) caliper in one hand whilst manipulating the dang phone with the other requires better coordination than I thought it would...But at least I trimmed my nails and got the grease out from under them before posting.
Happy trails dude!

Thanks that helps out a lot!

I was guessing that the iGaging display was about 4" long, But knowing the correct size helps.

I was planning to use a 4" X 6" aluminum project box to mount the controls in!
But now I'll look for one a little wider, Something like a 5" X 7" may work better.

Here's a (cut & paste) idea of what I'm trying to come up with

The speed & direction controller will be mounted in the box & the DRO display will mount to the top on the outside.

Doug

Attachments

• 4in. X 6in. Project Box.jpg
    4in. X 6in. Project Box.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Well I guess I still haven't quite figured out the correct way of attaching a picture in-line with the post?

I tried several times to fix it but it still shows as a attachment at he bottom of the page.

Doug

You can get the picture inline if you use the 'Insert Image' icon (Ctrl+P) after using 'Enter' to start a new line...
From_Back_Seat_L-19.jpg
When the box opens, click in the box to choose the pic from a file (I never tried 'drag-and-drop') And then you can go below the pic after it is loaded and keep typing.
Yup, My business office when towing gliders.
Have fun dude!
Lizardking

You can get the picture inline if you use the 'Insert Image' icon (Ctrl+P) after using 'Enter' to start a new line...
Thanks !
I'll try that next time I post a picture.
I was trying to use the "attach files" link & it opened up in another window but it never switched back to the first window! Maybe the "enter" is the magic button for both options?

Doug

I think you will find that the function description gives you the hint...'Attach Files' will attach the file to the bottom of the post, 'Insert picture' inserts the file into the body of the post. I am unsure of the 'Enter' but I use it so to have a distinct break between the text and the pic. Sorry, far off-topic from the original post.

Lizardking

Here's a update on my control box project, The iGauging readout should fit nicely on the top section of the box.
IMG_7607.JPG
I have another post related to this project in the DIY ELECTRONICS section.

Doug

Back