Resolved Question for the Moderators

Canus

Registered
Registered
I am aware that only paying members can post items for sale but how about offers to swap or trade tooling? I have several items that came with auction lots that I either don't need or have no use for that I would like to trade for things I can use. Do I have to be a paying member to offer these items up for trade?

Last I remember yes. You should be able to post in Wanted & Trade. For Sale you probably won't have access to post. See if you see the Post Thread button in those sections.

I just ran a Trading Post non-donor test with ETNSN (a non-donor alter-ego of mine). If you go to The Trading Post now you will see the thread. The only gotcha that I encountered is that the thread had to be approved before it became visible to anyone else. I don't recall that as being a requirement in the past and by itself it wouldn't be a significant problem to you. However, after the thread was approved, I discovered that each reply by either the thread originator or any other non-Moderator member whether Donor or not had to be approved by a Moderator before it became visible to anyone except a Moderator. This would be a major problem in reaching an agreement with anyone else whether the purpose of the thread was to trade something that you have or to give it away. This would waste a lot of time for at least three people, one or more being the moderator(s) who had to approve each individual post. I'll report it to the Admins and request a fix.

Back