Questions About My 109.21280 Craftsman Lathe

wa5cab , it has been 3 years , since your post. I sorta gave up on getting parts for the craftsman 109.21280 . For give me for not keeping in touch.
I have checked , over the years at times on EBay, for parts. With no one to turn to. After having a local machinist to breafly look at it , he found , the Rack gear missing. I think , maybe the gear running in it to the Table might be missing to. No since looking for , 3" and 4" Chuck till I find a Rack gear. Also need a schmatic and tool Manuel?
I think my lathe , was made by , AA FOUNDRY, IT IS painted Gold , how ever , it was not heavy used. The nose spindle , using a American Thread gauge, is 1"x10" threads. Would you know the Address for the ,AA foundry ?
Or the name of the fellow who posted the Pictures of his , 109.21280 ? It might be a help to get started looking again.
Dave (Westkeyser)

Dave,

I think that AA probably went out of business in the 60's or 70's. I used to know what town in MI they were in but can't recall it now. And the name of the other guy who had a 101.21280 I might or might not be able to come up with but as I approve (or don't) a lot of new member applications, I know for certain that one thing that we don't ask for is a telephone number. Or an address. Or for that matter, a full name. Unless the applicant gets too "cute" and enters something like Franklyn Delano Roosevelt in which case I generally just kick him to the curb. So I really have no way to get in touch with him unless he were to for example reply ti this thread.

Did you manage to come up with a usable rack and pinion? You should download the manual from the Vintage site. It shows that the original wasn't mounted the same way as on an Atlas. The screws are vertical instead of horizontal.

Back