Quick & easyshaper tool holder

RafaelMarujo

Registered
Registered
Hey just wanted to show you guys a quick and easy tool holder i made when i recently bought my shaper, thats been working wonderfully to re-use broken end mills and hss drill bits.
Basically i just notched a screw, and it tightens itself and the bit.
Ps: im pretty sure i wasn't the first to make one, and i know its not perfect but it gets the job done, and i hope you guys enjoy it, especially my fellow shaper addicts

Attachments

• P_20210125_222357_vHDR_On.jpg
    P_20210125_222357_vHDR_On.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 54
  • P_20210125_222403_vHDR_On.jpg
    P_20210125_222403_vHDR_On.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 46
  • P_20210125_222856_vHDR_On.jpg
    P_20210125_222856_vHDR_On.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 56
It would likely work even better if you turned it around, it would tend to negate chatter, the commercially available ones can be used that way, and I use mine on my 24" G&E that way.

It would likely work even better if you turned it around, it would tend to negate chatter, the commercially available ones can be used that way, and I use mine on my 24" G&E that way.
Oh that's smart! This was just what ocurred to me at the time, but thank you for letting me know! :)

Hey just wanted to show you guys a quick and easy tool holder i made when i recently bought my shaper, thats been working wonderfully to re-use broken end mills and hss drill bits.
Basically i just notched a screw, and it tightens itself and the bit.
Ps: im pretty sure i wasn't the first to make one, and i know its not perfect but it gets the job done, and i hope you guys enjoy it, especially my fellow shaper addicts

Looks great!
Simple and effective.

-brino

Back