Quiz Time, What is it used for? #2

OldMachinist

Bronze
Rest In Peace
Like the previous quiz I know what this is for. Let's see how many of you do.

DSCF2035.JPGDSCF2036.JPG

DSCF2035.JPG DSCF2036.JPG

Picture's a bit blurry, but I'll say a bead roller. The outrigger suggests a circular object, but one with a hole in the centre. Is it for making pot lids?

It's either a bead roller, or a small rolling shear. The photo is really too blurry to tell exactly. As far as what exactly it was used for...

-Cody

Either it is circle cutter, the two disks could be cutters, or it maybe it is a flanger?
Pierre

My brother uses a machine like this, someone already said "a rolling shear" I agree, my brother uses his to cut leather.
Phil UK

Rolling shear is pretty close. It's gasket cutting machine. Mainly used for making round gaskets but I have cut other shapes by following a layout line as long the radiuses aren't too small.

DSCF2039.JPG

DSCF2039.JPG

old thread.... but go into any leather workshop and you’re going to see one of these. My Grandfather, and two cousins....and my brother all had shoe repair shops. They had one of these to cut the shoe soul leathers .
Leather shoe souls come in sheets and are about 1/4” thick. Have to be able to make that 180 degree turn at the toe tip and then cut back towards heal. I agree with Phill. It’s for leather. But, it’s great for cutting cork gaskets too.

Its a gasket cutter. Old school but worked grate

Back