R8 Collet Rack

Kennyd

Active User
Registered
Anybody have one of these types that mount on the side of a Bridgeport? This Made in China thing is a POS, but it has potential I think. The first major problem is the casting is not even close to square so it will not mount level.

I started to use my belt sander to try to square it up but I think I need a faster way, I probably will set it up in the mill once I finish setup it up.

It real sucks that you have to modify everything to work as intended...

IMG_1263.jpg IMG_1259.jpg IMG_1260.jpg IMG_1261.jpg IMG_1262.jpg

Anybody have one of these types that mount on the side of a Bridgeport? This Made in China thing is a POS, but it has potential I think. The first major problem is the casting is not even close to square so it will not mount level.

You think that's bad? I've got one too and it won't even fit on my Made in China mill!!! laugh.gif

It real sucks that you have to modify everything to work as intended...
It comes with the territory when you buy inexpensive tools, and you have to expect it. Have you priced one from Bridgeport / Hardinge?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

It might have been made to suit the new Asian built Bridgeport mills. LOL

Dave

Might be a choice of exactly where it mounts. Perhaps there is a spot that has a matching taper.

probably built that way on purpose because when its loaded it will flex downward and will mate nicely to your mill. Ive seen those drooping off the side of mills when theyre filled.

Mark

Back