R8 square holding collet

Astounded, astounded I say, sufficient single-lip style grinders exist to warrant square R-8's. Sanity preservation, no, didn't bother opening the link.
The OP, C-Bag question is legitimate, with a logical implementation. The early responses fit within that.

Meanwhile, just because they are square, for whatever reason, don't use them driving square shanked tools like taps, reamers etc. Look them up, the square denotes 'Hand Tap' or 'Hand Reamer'.
Unless you have 7th magical sense to interpret tool loading, and I'd question hardness of same collets under torque; against HSS.

I seemed to remember seeing R8 square collets in the past so I googled R8 square collet and this is the first result R8 SQUARE COLLET .
That is exactly where I found a 5/16 R8 collet and bought one. I’d lost track of this old post so forgot to post that I’d found one here. In my usual dunderhead move posted it elsewhere. It works good and has come in really handy to grind a rounded nose on my shaper cutters. Just can’t have to many options.

Back