Re: Atlas 7B shaper

R.W. Parker

Registered
Registered
Well, that was interesting! Okay, I get it -- no selling stuff unless I pay a membership fee, and no MENTION of selling stuff unless it's in the trader section (otherwise my thread gets deleted, as it promptly was).

Jon, Ken, thanks for the welcome. I'm also located in Bucks County Ken, about as far north and west as you can get.

And Ken, for your benefit I'll attach a couple of photos (Note to admin: this machine is NOT being offered for sale here.)

Maybe I'll ask my neighbor if he'll put this thing on eBay for me. He already has an account, and I'd rather not get started with that outfit.

Thanks guys.

All the best!

Richie

Attachments

• 7B (1).JPG
    7B (1).JPG
    583.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 7B (5).JPG
    7B (5).JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 7B (6).JPG
    7B (6).JPG
    712.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 7B (7).JPG
    7B (7).JPG
    696.5 KB · Views: 48
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    681.1 KB · Views: 57
That is certainly a nice looking 7B. Don't see many that clean here (or anywhere else for that matter).

Thanks! And yeah, that's why I bought it. As I mentioned in my original (now deleted) post, I found it at an estate sale, and couldn't bear the thought of it going to someone who wouldn't appreciate its condition.

I never had any real work for it here, so I just took good care of it and kept it covered for the past 20 years.

BTW, I recognize the call. Mine is KB2DMD, and we did some business many years ago. Either for a boatanchor manual or a military connector, I can't remember which. Hope you've been well!

Richie

Wow, that is gorgeous! That is the nicest looking 7B I've seen!

I think only supporters are allowed to do 'for-sale' ads here (in the for-sale by members forum), but I'd be surprised if you didn't get a member messaging you thanks to those pictures!

Thanks Erich, glad you enjoyed the photos. I think someone must've purchased this machine new back in the mid-1940s, and for some reason lost interest in it. The thing was basically untouched when I found it, and all I've done was "mother" it for 20+ years. All the lube points got oiled every week, I'd grease it annually and then clean the grease cups and re-pack them, I'd run the ways through their range and tweak the gib screws if need be -- that kind of thing. Then the cover would go back on.

When I first got it I made a set of small V-blocks just for laughs, and the surface finish was just amazing!

<I'd be surprised if you didn't get a member messaging you thanks to those pictures!>

Boy, I sure hope not! From the sound of things, one of the administrators would drive over here and beat me up if that happened! :)

Best,

Richie

Thanks Erich, glad you enjoyed the photos. I think someone must've purchased this machine new back in the mid-1940s, and for some reason lost interest in it. The thing was basically untouched when I found it, and all I've done was "mother" it for 20+ years. All the lube points got oiled every week, I'd grease it annually and then clean the grease cups and re-pack them, I'd run the ways through their range and tweak the gib screws if need be -- that kind of thing. Then the cover would go back on.

When I first got it I made a set of small V-blocks just for laughs, and the surface finish was just amazing!

<I'd be surprised if you didn't get a member messaging you thanks to those pictures!>

Boy, I sure hope not! From the sound of things, one of the administrators would drive over here and beat me up if that happened! :)

Best,

Richie

Admins here are pretty chill, I don't think you'd lose more than like 1 knee if that were to happen :)

I just sold my 7B not long ago (to get a much bigger shaper), but loved the little thing! It did great work, and fit in an absolutely tiny space.

Richie,
That would be excellent. My main interest is HF CW. I have no antenna at the moment, but I recently retired and plan to get one back up soon.

Jon

Back