Really need your help

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
I really need some help here, I have all the mechanical & bracketry pretty much covered but I know zero about what I need in the motor/driver/electronics to complete this thing. This guy owes me pretty much everything I need in that area but he mostly has high end stuff for servo motors. http://stores.ebay.com/BANNER-DISTRIBUTING If any of you care to do a search and see what he has that I may be able to use I'd highly appreciate it. If he has nothing I can use I can just take the balance of what he owes me in other junk he has at his warehouse.

I took the servo motor off of the linear slide I have to see if one of the steppers I had would work but the hole pattern was off a smidge and the shaft needs to be longer (things I can fix if need be)

What I want/need is a 4 axis setup with as big a motors as possible as I want to be able to mount a router and do some light milling in aluminum as well as wood. I need to get this stuff ordered while I have the money. Somebody Pleeeeeze help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charley

Probotix sounds like the answer.

pm me for contacts there.

Have A Nice Day!

Did that servo motor have an encoder built into it?

Might have a look at CandC.com or do a search for CNC components. There are several vendors with Mach 3/4 compatible units. Mach software is open source and free and works pretty good. I have a Torchmate table and it uses Flashcut and propriatary hardware. Good luck and let us know if you need more help. CNC has a 5 hour grin factor, takes about that long to quite grinning when you turn off the machine. Plasma is even more fun and the grin factor is a bit longer tooo.
Bob

Oh yeah almost forgot Kelling and Gecko as two very good suppliers and Motiontek in Canada.

I would take a look at CNCZONE.com. They have more designs and ideas then most could possibly ever think of. Hopefully you will see something that can be adapted to the materials that you have access to. From the looks of it if you don't know much about electronics his high end servos and such will be work that what you might get out of them.

Since this is your first machine I would recommend useing stepper motors because of their simplicity, and some large ones to get the torque needed to mill aluminum. Also I run Mach3 on my 5x10 plasma table and find the software very easy to use, would recommend it highly.

Chris

hubbardcnc, gecko, keling, candcnc.com also has a very nice kit, probably the most complete kit, but a bit more expensive, candcnc also has dthc..

hubbard sells off ebay, but you can call him and order, avoiding ebay fees so you will save a little, I think he sells the same stuff as Keling but not certain..
Brent at Hubbardcnc was easy to deal with..

No turning back now, I jumped in head first & got 4 640oz steppers and all the other goodies needed to power my plasma table. Hope I did it right. Thanks for all the help.

Heck between Brucer and I we have built a couple of tables. I watched his build on another site and had my machine together before I ever joined. Between the two od us I figure we have the CNC table info well covered. His experience is building from scratch and I have been modding mine to accomodate my disability and added a torch height control (still in R&D, but getting closer). I am sure I speak for Brucer as well as my self when I say I am glad to help you any way I can.
Bob

No turning back now, I jumped in head first & got 4 640oz steppers and all the other goodies needed to power my plasma table. Hope I did it right. Thanks for all the help.

Charley, you did good.. I wish I had 640oz steppers, maybe some day..

I guess I missed it.. What size table are you planning on building?

I really enjoy building on mine, makes you think outside the box, and definitely keeps you on your toes..

keep us posted... If you need help with anything let us know..

Back