Reamers For Donation

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Registered
reamers.jpg
Hello All!
i have become custodian of the reamers that dlane has graciously donated to the forum.

since we need to convert the reamers to cash for donation , i have considered 2 options:

1: ask for a donation of $2 per reamer + (shipping usps flat rate box) - the donations will be collected from all sales and be donated in lump sum to the forum

2: usps freight + the recipient donates to the forum of his own accord.

i'm trying to figure a way to disperse the reamers in an efficient and beneficial manner to both the forum as well as the end user.

i am open to discussion of other ideas in pertinence to their disbursement.

i would add that first responders from the previous thread that dlane has started, would get first priority.
(http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/reemers.35541/)

it there are objections or suggestions, this is your chance to be heard.
thanks for reading

If the reamers are 13 oz. or under, use USPS first class.
2. Set a fair price for each reamer , $2, with the proceeds going to the forum.

Could you post a photo and description of the reamers?
Thanks

First option sounds easiest to me. How many do you have? Are you still working out what is there?

i have the piles loosely segregated into classes
there are numbered, decimal, lettered, fractional , there are a few fractionals with metric conversion diameters printed on them.
i'll take a couple photos and post after dinner.

Looking forward to the list. Cash to cover shipping plus (cash) donation to the forum on a er item basis maybe?

Mike, I would like to throw my name in the hat when you have decided what you want to do. I am in need of reamers.
Thanks

Option 1 sounds good to me, both are good suggestions so I am ok with either. I like the idea of donating to the site.

For disbursement, should we go with first post-first pick as many as they want, or perhaps limit the number so more members get a chance at receiving some reamers?

How many total reamers are there?

Thank you for taking on this task,
Glenn

There are about 100-110 reamers available
i think it best to limit the number to 5 reamers per donor + applicable freight,
so that potentially 20 members could benefit from dlane's generosity and the forum could see potential of a $200+ donation.
kinda sounds like a win win to me.

any objections, or thoughts?:anyone:

Kinda sucks to pay shipping & have a limit on how many will go in the box.

Back