Rear Tool Post for Colchester Bantam Lathe

So many threads that just die on the vine with nothing coming to fruition...

I'd have loved to see what you came up with since I am looking to add a rear tool post to my new to me chipmaster.

I just saw this for the first time.

I installed a rear cut off tool on my PM 6-30, never thought about a quick change, Holland keeps calling, and I keep going, so I'll probably never build one, but I wish I'd thought about it years ago.

@TorontoBuilder and @T Bredehoft - my apologies, I did complete this build but have been busy with the usual distractions of work and family.

The final result used a genuine Dickson three way T1-63. I added a spacer which allows me to mount tools upside down and this works very nicely for parting ops. Also a joy to thread away from the headstock, as per Joe Pie.

Pls excuse chips!

IMG_20221211_181529.jpg

@TorontoBuilder and @T Bredehoft - my apologies, I did complete this build but have been busy with the usual distractions of work and family.

The final result used a genuine Dickson three way T1-63. I added a spacer which allows me to mount tools upside down and this works very nicely for parting ops. Also a joy to thread away from the headstock, as per Joe Pie.

Pls excuse chips!

View attachment 429570

Very nice. I'm a follower of Joe's reverse threading school too. I would love another dickson post for my chipmaster but they're hard to come by in canada at an affordable price.

Back