Rear Tool Post Parting Tool Holder

what lathe do you have? I would like to make a set up for a 9" south bend wide bed.

Paul, very nice design on the parting tool setup. Did you fabricate the rear T-Slot mount? Bob

Paul, very nice design on the parting tool setup. Did you fabricate the rear T-Slot mount? Bob
Hi Bob

Bought the lathe with them I would assume that it came with the T slots originally as the mount is also an original. The guy that I bought the lathe from paid only $150.00 :mad: for it ( That will never happen to me) But I still got it for a good price from him ....

Hi Bob

Bought the lathe with them I would assume that it came with the T slots originally as the mount is also an original. The guy that I bought the lathe from paid only $150.00 :mad: for it ( That will never happen to me) But I still got it for a good price from him ....
Thanks Paul, it looks like both of you guys got a good deal, that is a nice lathe.
It looks like I will have to fabricate a rear mount for my lathe. You post inspired me to do it. Bob

Thanks Paul, it looks like both of you guys got a good deal, that is a nice lathe.
It looks like I will have to fabricate a rear mount for my lathe. You post inspired me to do it. Bob
You wont be sorry !!!

Nice job , we had our turret lathes set up like that , I noticed you have the same qctp that I have mine came from enco originally . I've never had a problem with mine but don't see them much anymore. You'll never be sorry you made the cutoff tool. You could make knurling tool off the back too. It's nice to watch the knurls form when from the back. Somethings just work better that way.

Nice job , we had our turret lathes set up like that , I noticed you have the same qctp that I have mine came from enco originally . I've never had a problem with mine but don't see them much anymore. You'll never be sorry you made the cutoff tool. You could make knurling tool off the back too. It's nice to watch the knurls form when from the back. Somethings just work better that way.

Ah man .... Now I will have to look into that .....

Those that own South Bend Lathes can purchase a casting from

http://www.statecollegecentral.com/metallathe/S-4382.html

Machining required.

Very cool link, Nel. If I owned a SB lathe I would definitely be looking at this. Parting from the rear makes parting a non-event. As mentioned above, knurling from the rear is also more controlled and it gets the tool out of the way so you can see. Maybe someone here will do the mod so we can see how it works out.

Back