Relocated knee lock

IHinIN

Registered
Registered
On of my complaints with the Bridgeport clones is the knee locks. The Bridgeport has the lock handle below the crank handle where it’s easy to reach. The clones have the locks on the side of the knee so that you have to walk around the end of the table to get to them. I decided to make an extension to actuate the top knee lock from the front of the machine. First, I removed the handle from one of the locks, screwed the threaded post into the hole until it was finger tight and marked the front side for a flat that I milled onto it. Next, I made a 1/2”x1”x3-1/2” arm that’s held onto the post with a 5/16-18 set screw. A ball swivel rod end attaches to a 3/8” dia rod with a plastic knob on the end. The plate at the front is 1/8” thick. Now, to lock and unlock the knee, it just takes a pull or push of the knob out front. No more walking around the table. IMG_2527.jpegIMG_2529.jpegIMG_2530.jpegIMG_2531.jpeg

Nice work!
Now i have yet another project, but it looks very useful

Thanks. It is way easier to lock the knee now. I tend to not lock the knee on the imports because it’s such a nuisance to have to walk around the table to reach the locks.

Back