Reminder Tormach Control Board Firmware & Schematics

Contract_Pilot

Active User
Registered
For the repair techs out there! Here is the link to the schematics and firmware for the Tormach Control Board.

Back in October 2021 Tormach came out saying they support the right to repair, I knew for a fact they did not and I called them out on it. A long story short a YouTuber with about 2 million subs reacted to my call out. A few days later the Tormach CEO was in contact with me and they released all the repair documentation they had schematics, firmware, etc.

https://github.com/tormach/Repair-Information/

I wish they would have help with Leadshine (their stepper drive supplier) to release the drive schematics.

I also have some firmware for other items I e-mailed them the recoverd files they just have not posted them to the git hub but they can be shared if needed.

Here is the Recovery of the firmware and config bits of the drawbar controller.

I have repaired dozens of the control boards since.

Thanks for your effort in this regard! So far I haven't had to dig into the circuitry on a component level but the added documentation will be useful. I have repaired a failed Leadshine driver but the fault was obvious and fortunately only a single component failure.

Why are they failing?
Most the failure are caused by the user or liquid damage. Some components just fail.

I need to start making videos on the failures and fixes again just no time making the videos. Making the videos increases the time spent on the repair.

Example a Relay Failure on the Slant Pro Lathe Turret is a Relay Failure.

A Lot of the newer control boards the 93C46 fails = No Ethernet Communications, Will not come out of e-stop check diodes.

The PCNC 1100 Drawbar Controller.

You're a busy man:)

You're a busy man:)
Yea, sometimes to busy.

The only thing my PCNC 1100 gets used for since the pandemic lock downs is for testing main boards LOL. I just need to get motivated and the time to learn fusion 360. I start and then get busy with other things then when I revisit it things have been updated and change etc.
20220702_1943311-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
Back