Remote control influenced by Shop Vac

IMHO, the Shop Vac brand vacuums are junk, Rigids are much better at nearly the same price point. The Festool vacuums are the best, expensive but worth it if you use it daily.
I agree, I walked into HD one day and saw a 12 or 16 gal Rigid on sale for $18 and the only drawback to it was the 1 7/8 hose. But it was a no brainer. I should have bought 2. Far superior to the Shopvac.

I have had good luck with these AC line filters:

Are these RF remotes? If so what frequency do they run on?
433.92 MHz:
Fosmon Specs.png
Fosmon Remote Outlet.jpeg
Replaced it with this:
Extension Switch.jpeg
Not as convenient, but I don't need to worry about losing the remote ;)

However, I just noted that the remote outlet has a limited lifetime guarantee, so maybe I'll try returning for a refund.

EDIT: I talked with Amazon, but since I bought the Remote Outlet almost 5 years ago they said I had to work with the Seller (fortunately the original Seller is still handling this item). However, before I sent the Seller a message, I thought I'd see if was still acting up, and if so give the common-mode filter suggested by @whitmore a try: unplugged the power end of the Extension Switch, inserted the Remote Outlet and the damn thing works! I'm leaving both on place for now since the remote is more convenient (and there's Velcro on the back of the remote with a landing spot on the bottom of a ceiling joist so I shouldn't lose it) and if it acts up I'll try the filter and report back.

Last edited:
well, that vac that was giving me a hard time on the remote stopped working. I had to give the motor a spin to get it to work.
Well, I didn't feel like taking it apart again. So I decided to look at the brushes. They looked beefy, but obviously between the commutator and brushes there was a problem. I refaced the brushes, did more damage then help the first time. Tried again... got it close. gave it a minute to break in and the sparks lowered. Cleaned the commutator again, this time while running with an eraser. Nice and clean.

Put it all back together, and it now shuts with the remote. Too bad I didn't have the capacitor in hand... I would have added it.

Back