[How-To] Repair Mitutoyo 525-626

Jim F

Registered
Registered
Dial spins way to freely and the needle is pointed at about 4:30 when closed.
This is .200" per rev.,

Attachments

• 20210111_184727.jpg
    20210111_184727.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
If anyone has this model, I need measurements for the bezel clamp, the ear is broken on mine.

i think i have the same one. mine will go around the dial every 20 turns. it has been overused. i'll see what i have on it.

Personally, if I wanted to trust the indicator down the road, I would send it out for repair.

No affiliation, but I've bought spare parts from Long Island Indicator Co. and they would be where I would send my tool.

Ah shoot, just looked closer and saw this is a set of calipers. Thought it was a dial indicator. Long Island Indicator will NOT do calipers.

Dial spins way to freely and the needle is pointed at about 4:30 when closed.
This is .200" per rev.,
Are they 12" Jim ? I have a set in at work that I never use . You can jump the gear to change where they close btw . My set is missing the small clamp on the back end that keeps the beam in the groove . This was one of my first purchases back when I was an apprentice so I know they are old .

Are they 12" Jim ? I have a set in at work that I never use . You can jump the gear to change where they close btw . My set is missing the small clamp on the back end that keeps the beam in the groove . This was one of my first purchases back when I was an apprentice so I know they are old .
6", my bezel clamp is broken.

Hmmmmm.....................I have a few sets of calipers in pieces downstairs , maybe something will fit . :dunno:

Broken piece.

Attachments

• 20210112_110840.jpg
    20210112_110840.jpg
    785.7 KB · Views: 15
Is that broken or just missing the clamp ?

Back