Replacing bearings in motor

thinking out loud, let me ask this: what difference is there between a 6205z and a 6205-2rs, besides the obvious difference in seals? are they for different applications? which is better for an electric motor?

No difference in bearings.
A shielded bearing is just that. It has a metal shield that covers the balls. Not contact.
A sealed bearing is basically a shielded bearing, where the shield is rubber coated and has contact with the inner race of the bearing, creating a seal.

I dont know

I dont know, the motor plate is totally unreadable. I know its 3 phase, it is on a Bridgeport clone step pully head

I would guess it's a 1750, but let me check my mill real quick.

My mill is 1750. It is variable speed, but I doubt that makes much difference.
You will be fine using sealed bearings.

You're welcome.

Remove the seals and repack the bearings with plenty of grease. They should just pop out (with a dental pick). I have been finding a lot of new bearings with hardly any grease in them, so I now routinely repack (or, more correctly, fill up) the bearings I use.

You don't actually want them completely full, unless there's a place for the grease to move out and around. Churning grease makes them hot, especially at 3600 rpm. I did that on my mill spindle and earned the opportunity to take it back apart again :-(

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back