Request for Info on Vintage JET Power Hacksaw

TroyRetiree

Registered
Registered
I'm a new member and I have recenty aquired an old JET Power Hacksaw. (See Attachment if I did this correctly)
It appears the original MFG plate or decal is missing so I'm not sure of the Model number or date of MFG.
However, I did email the JET Company and got a response that it looks to be a model 370.
However the Manual they sent shows an image of a saw with JET as a Decal / Paint on the Bow.
Mine has JET actually cast into the Bow and then Painted, so perhaps its an older model?
I have front and rear view pictures as well as operational pictures if anyone is interested.
It was a good find I think for $150 as is is completly operational (just had to clean it up).
Any Help or information would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Jet Front View.jpg
    Jet Front View.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Jet Front Video.MOV
    5.4 MB
  • Jet Rear Video.MOV
    3.2 MB
Great find for $150!

Welcome to the group!

-brino

Almost certainly an older one if the name is cast in and painted like that. Decals came in with the plague of the executives
(people who collect money for taking things away from other things)
-M

not as pretty, but you can see a repair i made to my JET 370 here

Not sure what the rules are on reviving an old thread but this fits my question to a TEE. I picked up what I think is a JET 370. Got it for a song and bought it because its a great piece of antiquity. It appears to be all here. The only thing that I think is not original is the round stock in the stand and the lift handle? Anyone know how old this is.....maybe 1956? Everything is cast iron including covers. Coolant tank is in good shape but pump is not working (seized) and gooseneck for coolant is missing. What amazes me is the oqiginal weights (3) were even still there on the top of the cutting arm

Attachments

• IMG_7569.jpg
    IMG_7569.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7570.jpg
    IMG_7570.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 4
i bet that pump is a simple fix
Yes it looks like it just needs a good clean up. I am going to sub all the oilers for grease nipples and machine some sleeves where bearings will not fit. Spent all day removing a ton of grease and dirt. Will start dissassembly this week.

My keller saw pump was tight, from setting with ancient oil. i put kerosene in both inlet and outlet and let it set an hour or so, it turned 1/2 a turn and was free as a bird, still works 5 yrs later. i leave my belt quite loose to it

Back