***Resolved*** NEW PM-1440HVT-2 Lathe (PM fixed it)

Disagree.
It

It would be nice if I could edit my first post to add an **UPDATE** below my comments for those that don't want to skip to the end of the book to see how it ended. Hopefully they read a little further to see that PM does give good customer service. I also think its important to know and understand that your new machine can come broken but they will hold your hand through the process. I also think its import to know that they aren't going to send a service tech out regardless of what needs repaired. NOT to say they won't but in my situation they were going to have me do some pretty difficult things. I didn't ever press them for a service person so I can't say 100% they won't but I wouldn't count on it. In my situation I told the PM person he is going to have to walk me through this like I was an 8 year old and he pretty much did that. Would I buy this machine again knowing what I know now... 100% I would. Buying this product I have to accept the fact that its a newer product for them and I have to know there will be some bumps in the road with it. I see all the competitors are coming out with this similar product (VFD) now and I'm sure they will have similar issues at first. Hopefully if folks read this thread and are serious about purchasing a lathe they will put for the effort to see how it all worked out vs just reading the first post.
I will help others and actually help them out on sales as it has a larger community behind it. Good advice is to put the PM solution to the video description so whoever sees it know they back their product and there is a solution.
If you go to Youtube and search precision Mathews one of your results will be this video with no context, no statement saying the issue was resolved and especially no pinned link guiding you to this thread let alone this forum. Videos like this do not help PM’s reputation or their product and its highly unlikely it will help a future customer. Sure you have a video saying the issue was resolved but Youtube’s algorithm doesn’t suggest it. The right thing to do if you’re going to keep up this video would be to add a description stating the issue was unrelated Which is my whole reason for suggesting you remove the video or make it private. If what you showed in your video was part of the problem then I wouldn’t be suggesting you remove it. I worked in the customer service field for an exhaust manufacturer and customers would post videos like this that were irrelevant to our product or not caused by our product and all it did was sent other customers on wild goose chases.

If you go to Youtube and search precision Mathews one of your results will be this video with no context, no statement saying the issue was resolved and especially no pinned link guiding you to this thread let alone this forum. Videos like this do not help PM’s reputation or their product and its highly unlikely it will help a future customer. Sure you have a video saying the issue was resolved but Youtube’s algorithm doesn’t suggest it. The right thing to do if you’re going to keep up this video would be to add a description stating the issue was unrelated Which is my whole reason for suggesting you remove the video or make it private. If what you showed in your video was part of the problem then I wouldn’t be suggesting you remove it. I worked in the customer service field for an exhaust manufacturer and customers would post videos like this that were irrelevant to our product or not caused by our product and all it did was sent other customers on wild goose chases.
Just updated all the videos. Referred them to this forum.

I just read through this whole thread with interest. It is like a detective novel! I did not expect the villain that came out in the end.
Paynerd- I think you are on to something with the "Voodoo Frequency Drive."

I just came across this thread today. I'm learning about VFD's and a few days ago I started watching the Lathe VFD video series by Clough42 (highly recommended). In part 2 (
) at around the 5:40 mark, he shows how the motor is vibrating (shaking) in the mid RPM range, similar to what OP experienced in this thread. He goes on to show how that is solved by VFD programming changes. He solve other issues too (such as the whistling sound).

That video series seems highly relevant to this discussion.

Update - Machine is still running great. I got my tach screen today and installed it. Wishing I had smaller hands to make installation a bit easier but I got it. I can finally know what my RPM is instead of guessing!!!! (reported it on 11.17.23 delivered 1.4.24 to give you an idea of eta)

Back