Restoring Craftsman 101.07403 lathe- The good, bad and ugly.

You still may be able to get in on the Black Friday sale for tubalcain’s video course on that lathe. There are a lot of free things on YouTube but this is a course all about that machine in one place

Has anyone used the 3-D printed ABS lead screw bearing? Just wonder everyone thoughts.

As I've written before, Atlas handled their part numbering system better than a lot of vendors. Once a part number has been issued, the same part will not be found under a different number. If a minor change is made and the new part could replace the old one, the new part will get a suffix letter following the original number. And if the same part is used on a different model machine, whether Atlas, Craftsman or whatever, it gets the same part number. So if you are looking for parts for a Craftsman 12", some of the part numbers may be Craftsman but some may be Atlas 10", 6". Atlas Shaper, etc. numbers. Although I don't recall any instances, the same would be true if the original part were Craftsman.

Can anyone tell me how to locate the key that locks the keyboard into Italics??? I never use it and cannot locate it.

Can anyone tell me how to locate the key that locks the keyboard into Italics??? I never use it and cannot locate it.
Using Ctrl-I will do it. the I being a capital letter I, not a numerical number 1. Pressing Ctrl-I again will go back to regular letters.

Ok. Maybe that is how I did it. iI llllllllll lllllllll

Back