Reversing 110v drum switch???

truedblued

Registered
Registered
I replaced the light gauge wires on my lathe for 12ga ones. Managed to screw-up the wiring.
Mine has an older switch that does everything direct, no relays. Has 6 double throw circuits, 12 poles.
One of the double circuits is closed in either direction. ( A to AA , and 1 to 11) on the attached lay-out.
The other two are selective for forward / reverse.
The motor is a 6 wire, 110 - 220 reversible one.
The motor is as it was for 110v.
I need to know how to wire it for 110v.
The two sets of black leads have continuity. The red leads as well.
If wired direct how would it be wired?
If wired for reversing, do the starter leads get power from the hot side, or neutral side of the switch?
Do the black leads need to be reversed to reverse the motor?
As the switch has been apart as well, (it needed cleaning after liquid electric tape ran into it), I need to start at the basic "what needs to happen" and then figure out how to get the switch to do it.

On the attached wiring lay-out, one of the power wires, the neutral, should be white, not black.

Lathe reversing switch05072014.pdf

It might.Thanks.Wish my puter would print pdf's.

It can! Here's how:
1. Search the net for a tool called CutePDF Writer. It is available here: http://www.cutepdf.com/
2. Download and install it. This will create a new virtual printer on your computer.

To use it:
1. Open the document or file you want to save as a pdf.
2. Print it,but when the print dialog box opens, use the printer drop down list to select CutePDF as your printer.
3. Click OK or Print.
4. A new dialog box will open allowing you to name your new pdf document and to choose where you wish to save it. The pdf file will then be created for you

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about the poor formatting in my previous reply. When I post from my phone it ignores line entries for some reason.

Back