Reworking the shop.

Great work on the walls. What do you plan to do for the ceiling? Most of your heat loss OR gain is thru the lid, ya know?
I have bought spray foam insulation for the ceiling. I thought it would be the earliest way to go.

I've seen the spray in insulation on a home improvement show in Canada.
Homes by Holmes, I believe. That looks like a very easy and efficient way to insulate.
Keep us updated, I would like to build a shop.
Parts guys are OK. I was in Ford Parts for over 30 years. You get a strong alpha-numeric photographic memory thing in parts.

I've seen the spray in insulation on a home improvement show in Canada.
Homes by Holmes, I believe. That looks like a very easy and efficient way to insulate.
Keep us updated, I would like to build a shop.
Parts guys are OK. I was in Ford Parts for over 30 years. You get a strong alpha-numeric photographic memory thing in parts.
As a 30 year mechanic I've come to appreciate a good parts man. They are rare. I have the spray foam insulation for the ceiling. Here in Texas the winter is not too bad but the summer is pretty warm. I want to air condition the old shop. Hopefully I can get it down to around 80 in the summer.

Well wouldn't you know it. In the middle of reworking my shop I find a deal. I have wanted a milling machine for several years now and it just shows up. I'm in East Texas, machine tools don't come up often used. I can buy a Kent KTM 380 mill in working order (I've seen it run) for $1000. The machineist who owned it died suddenly. A full machine shop for sale. His wife is basically giving it to me because I'm friends with the family. I am going to buy it before she auctions the rest off. It's sad to me that a lifetime of collecting tools goes to an auction. It's going to delay the shop a bit but it's for the greater good. I'll post pictures of the mill when I get it home.

Back