riello oil burner motor for a lathe

Ebel440

Active User
Registered
Hi I have a motor from a riello oil burner I want to use on my 109 craftsman lathe. The motor came from a riello oil burner from what I have found its a permanent split capacitor motor. The problem I have is the motor has a 50 volt tap and all the schematics I have found show the wires going into a control box with no information as to what is inside the box. The motor has 4 wires and has a capacitor for starting I believe. Does anyone have experience with this motor or something like it?

In Italy Riello (pronounced as "Ree-Hello") is almost the leader brand in burners, being on the market as family owned company since 1922.
I wasn't even aware they have such a worldwide spreading!
The support for North America is in Massachusetts - http://www.riello.ca/ -
Did you check with them if it's possible to have the motor specs?

We had a Riello shooter on our oil burner until we converted to gas last year.
I was under the impression it is Italian-Canadian manufacture.
It is considered a good shooter, but it was very noisy. It sounded like a 747 taking off when it started up.
I don't know if it is the motor, or something else.

I went to check my burner today to see if i could figure anything out by looking st mine and it turns out i have the same motor in my oil burner. I took it apart a little bit to see of i could find out how its wired but unfortunately everything leads into a sealed box that clips into the burner. I dont see any way to open the box easily and dont want to risk damaging it. I may see if i can get a multimeter onto the leads while its running to try and figure out the wiring. I looked at all the schematics but Everything is just shown as leading into the box and then out of it nothing shows what goes on inside it i also looked at what parts were available to repair a burner and the only parts besides the capacitor is the entire control box which is replaced as one piece. It seems they are not meant to be repaired just replaced. As an oil burner mines pretty good not noisy at all really but still going with gas soon, as the price of oil is too high. I may just have to save the motor as a spare until i convert then i can play with the old burner or use the mystery box if needed

Back