Rifle Action and Bottom Metal Rendering.

Ken226

Registered
Registered
I've been working on my own rifle receiver and DBM design for a few days. It's mostly finished.

A Remington 700 footprint, controlled feed, 3 trapezoidal lug bolt. The DBM takes AICS pattern magazines.

Rendered with Keyshot 10.

Last edited:
Very nice, I like it. We have a local company that makes actions based off the 700 as well.

Do you plan on producing more?

Very nice, I like it. We have a local company that makes actions based off the 700 as well.

Do you plan on producing more?

Not for a few years at least. My day job doesn't leave time for anything but occasional hobby stuff. After I retire, I'll set up to produce something, just not sure what yet.

At this point, I'm just practicing with the CAD software and creating a library of designs. Some of them I have produced runs of and sold in the past, but most only exist in electronic form.

I just saw this for the first time. I've also wanted to create my own bolt action. And also a 3-lug. Still some differences, but great to see someone moving with it. Have you tried making one yet?

GsT

That looks excellent. Interesting choice with the Rem 700, since you've turned it into a Winchester or Mauser with the revised bolt, but that's philosophical, not passing judgement. How much bolt lift to open the breech?

Back