Rivett 2010 lathe

stans1020

Registered
Registered
Posting here as there seams like no other place for me Rivett 2010 tool room lathe. I am wondering if anyone here has this model lathe? It has a collett closer which is tightened by spanner on the rear. I figured that out ok, Then on the back there is a wheel coming of of spindle shaft, Can't figure what it does, any ideas? Also I can't find a operating manual, any help here? Thanks Stan

Do you mean 1020? I am ignorant of rivett lathes, though ive seen a 1020, and a 918 and 608. post a pic please)

Stan,

I just sold my Rivett, I was lucky enough to have a 1030F from 1969. One of the last ones made from what I have been told.

I really did not want to sell it but things happened and it made my problems much less.

What do you want to know about the machine?

Mick

rare, pretty, accurate, and in their day 2x the cost of a 10ee.
jealous!
I saw one sell for i think $1350 in michigan a few months ago. was on orbitbid.com, so i guess is wasnt viewed as other sites. made me sad to think it went so cheap.

Actually it is a 1020S. Thanks for catching that error. Stan

I have that manual uploaded into our Downloads section.

If you don't have access to the Downloads I can send you the file via email.

I'm very jealous as the 1020 and even moreso the 1030 are among the toolroom type lathes I desire most.

- - - Updated - - -

Stan,

I just sold my Rivett, I was lucky enough to have a 1030F from 1969. One of the last ones made from what I have been told.

I really did not want to sell it but things happened and it made my problems much less.

Mick

Mick, why didn't you hook me up here?
May not have had the money but for a 1030 I'll think of something!!

Stan,

Mick

Mick. I got the lathe and it ran, so I know the motor is ok. I cleaned it up, and painted it. I haven't done much with it since too many projects. I have a dependable SB, for what I do. I need to make a rotary converter, or find one already made, before I do much more. I ran it on a static first time. One question I have is, it has a collet closer, may be a jurry rig? It is closed by a spanner wrench at the back. It works, but just don't look right. Also there is a wheel on the end of the lathe that just spins by hand, the wheel has a hard black material where you would grab it by hand. I don't have any idea what it's for. Thanks for any help. Stan

Hi Stan, the collet closer you're using sounds like a lash-up to me, the wheel should be.the closer for the original collet setup - it should be inthe.end of a drawtube with an internal fine thread - if someone lost the original collet set they may have "improvised" with a shop-made or bought collet adaptor in the.spindle nose - worth a look?
The.lathes.co.uk site has a nice write-up on the 1020S -oh, I'm Green with envy, btw!

Hi Stan, the collet closer you're using sounds like a lash-up to me, the wheel should be.the closer for the original collet setup - it should be inthe.end of a drawtube with an internal fine thread - if someone lost the original collet set they may have "improvised" with a shop-made or bought collet adaptor in the.spindle nose - worth a look?
The.lathes.co.uk site has a nice write-up on the 1020S -oh, I'm Green with envy, btw!

I think you are right about the collet closer after taking another look, what I have doesn't match the quality of the of the lathe. It does work, just will not be good for production work, which I'm not doing. What I need will be impossible to find, unless I can find someone parting out a Rivett. thanks again for the reply to my post. Stan

Back