Rockwell 14x46 before and after

7mag

Active User
Registered
Found this Rockwell in an old barn a few weeks ago. Brought it in the shop and scraped the years of crud buildup off it and found a decent lathe underneath. The bed is in excellent condition. Has a 9" Buck set-tru chuck. This thing runs pretty good for a lathe made in the early 1970s.
Thanks for looking

old rockwell 001.JPG FINISHROCKWELL.jpg

Nice score on the lathe. And even a better job bringing it back to great looking condition. Thats amazing concidering you only got it a few weeks ago!

Ya done good! ;)

Nice cleanup on the Lathe looks new and a great score.

Paul

Very score and you cleaned and paint it in a few weeks cool any tooling with it? Jack

I used to work on one like that. It was reserved for brass/bronze parts like bushings and seal rings for multistage pumps. Nice accurate machine.

Man! I'm glad you found my lathe, I'd forgot where I left it. Thanks for cleaning it, I'll be by to pick it up in a few days.:drool: Seriously, congrats, good find and very good job.;)

Hey, how about you "borrow" my lathe for a couple of weeks. I won't mind if you spruce it up a bit. :)

-Ron

I'm not familiar with these lathes. Can you tell me what is the big handle/lever on the main left stand? Is that a clutch system, forward/reverse?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I gotta know! :biggrin:

I'm not familiar with these lathes. Can you tell me what is the big handle/lever on the main left stand? Is that a clutch system, forward/reverse?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I gotta know! :biggrin:

The lever is for variable speed. 240RPM to 1740 RPM in the direct drive mode and 40 RPM to 290 RPM with the backgear engaged. This is pretty slick setup from Rockwell. Just pull back on the lever pull up till you get the speed you want and press in to lock.

Thank you - now I can get some sleep! :biggrin: I never would have guessed is was a speed controller. Learn somethin' new everyday.

Back