Rockwell/Delta surface grinder info

jwmelvin

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Can anyone tell me more about this surface grinder and whether, if it’s in good shape, it would be a reasonable way to add surface grinding to my shop?

be685262df3184089a85af4ea14585bb.jpg

Mine must be a lot older, a little different layout of the controls. Mine can make thinks flat but too much play in the table from wear even for the gibbs adj. But it cost nothing after selling the unrelated items that came with it

Thanks for the reply. I've been reading some threads on here and starting to understand how it fits in to the world of surface grinders.

I have used mine to sharpen some wood chipper cutting blades. The were hard and this machine did a fine job.

I would imagine it should handle small jobs just fine.

From all the stuff I’ve read on it’s more of a tool grinder than a surface grinder. It is kinda light with a lot of overhang so prone to chatter. If you notice most surface grinders do not use this type of configuration.

Last edited:
This is all very helpful thanks. I think this will be a useful tool for me. I’m looking forward to learning about it. It does come with all the former owner’s tooling so we will see how it ends up.

Back