Rolling cantilever lift for heavy item

nnam

Registered
Registered
I needed to put some heavy motor (350 lbs) up on a shelf. One of my favorite lift I use is a patient lift. It's like an engine hoist, just I can take it apart and carry it very easily, and it handles about 350 lbs. But it doesn't work here, since I can't roll the legs at the bottom under the shelf, things are blocking it.
So I made this thing, I don't know what's the proper name for it. It took me only a couple hours. It works very well. I need to two-step lift though. Meaning I have to move (hook) the item closer to the anchor to lift it up, put it on a strong chair, then hook it farther. Since if I tilt it down to tie to the motor, the center anchor point is very close to me and I can't even lift it with my weight.
On the legs, I screw half a door hing across the top of the drill hole to prevent split (just a quick hack). If made with metal, it would be much better. Put a hand crank on it, and it would work magic, no double lift problem. I also made 2 diagonal braces, not horizontal in the picture.rolling cantilever.png20210116_163927.jpg

Last edited:
Back